NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
This policy describes how information about your eyes and your medical health may be used and disclosed, and how you may access this information. Your privacy is very important to us. The following is a summary of our office policy. A detailed HIPPA policy is available for you to review in our office or can be sent to you at your request.
- Your health information will be used only to treat you.
- Your health information will only be disclosed to other health care providers with your consent for the sole purpose of treating you.
- We will use your information to bill your insurance if necessary to receive payment for products or services.
- We may call or e-mail you to remind you of an upcoming appointment or notify you of products that are available to you.
- We will not disclose any of your health information without a written consent by you.
- When you visit our office our complete privacy practice notice will be available for you to read, or if you would prefer, we will briefly explain the policy to you before you sign any of our forms.
Please contact us if you have any questions.